Quincy Family Resource Center
Support the Center!
Quincy Family Resource Center is proudly hosted by Bay State Community Services. To make a donation to the Center through the Bay State website, just click below!
Quincy Family Resource Center
QFRC provides community-based, multi-cultural, support groups, parenting programs, assessment services, information and referral resources, and education for families whose children range in age from birth to 18. QFRC operates through Three Tiers of Support:
- Assessment and Family Support Planning –
- Conducted by Licensed Clinician and Family Partner.
- Assess all domains of youth and family life.
- Review areas of need and build Family Support Plan based on recommendations and family wishes.
- Resources and Referrals –
- Assistance for families & providers/can be in person or over phone.
- Referrals & resources to community based, mental health services, recreational activities.
- Groups and Events –
- Parent and teen groups to address school refusal and positive decision making (ATTENDS & LEADS).
- Free Parenting groups (Nurturing Parents & Fathers, Active Parenting, Parenting Journey)
- Groups for youth (LGBTQ Teens, Life Skills),
- Parties and social events (Halloween, Valentine’s Day, School’s Out).
- Child supervision and food provided free of charge.
Examples of Referrals to the QFRC:
- Mental health concerns for a youth of any age
- Behavioral concerns/defiance for a child of any age
- CRA/pre-CRA youth and families/school refusal/attendance issues for a child of any age
- Youth diversion cases from the juvenile court
- General concerns about a youth’s functioning for a child of any age
- Transitions in a family (divorce, death of a family member, recent move, domestic violence, substance use in family, natural disaster survivor, etc.)
- Kinship/Grandparents raising grandchildren (custody, placement, DCF, probate, transitions)
- Family support around basic needs (i.e. food, housing, employment, cash assistance, health insurance, etc.)
- Participation in any of our groups offered – parenting, youth, recreating, child education groups
*We serve families with youth ages 0-21
*Our goal is to eliminate barriers for families. Examples include but are not limited to: interpreters when needed, reimbursing for transportation to access QFRC services, free child supervision and meals for parenting groups, open evenings and Saturdays.
*Anyone can make a referral to the QFRC.
*Free services and no insurance needed. In referring families for services, we pay attention to insurance the family holds in accessing providers and assist with Mass Health application where appropriate.
*We work in close partnership with all families and caregivers, kinship placement, grandparents raising grandchildren, LGBTQ, mental health providers, medical providers, schools, the juvenile court system, and DCF among others.
*Referrals can be called in to any staff member, faxed to 617-845-9250, sent secure to staff, dropped off in person or mailed.
Supported through funding from the Massachusetts Executive Office of Health and Human Services in collaboration with the Department of Children and Families, the goal of the QFRC is to assess the needs of families and connect them with appropriate resources.
1120 Hancock Street, 1st Floor
South Entrance (off Johnson Avenue)
Quincy, MA 02169
Hours of Operation
Monday - Friday 9 a.m. - 5 p.m.